|welcome to just plain yoga studio!
JPY is a multi-style yoga space with 2 full studios dedicated to bringing all things yoga to central pennsylvania since 2003.
vinyasa yoga, hatha yoga, easy hatha yoga, yoga for beginners, yin yoga, kripalu yoga, yoga for anyBody, yoga nidra, meditation, 200-RYS teacher training, workshops, special events, and more...
which yoga class should i take?
follow this link to find a simple, clear way to choose a yoga class you will enjoy.
free community yoga class
free yoga class on sundays at 11:00 am (all levels, 60 minutes) different teacher each week. donations are accepted and applied to the JPY scholarship fund.
for the beginners
monthly and weekly special classes
- Yoga Nidra with Paul Herzer-RYT-500 2nd friday of the month, 6:30-8:00 pm, next classes: no class in september
- Freedom Yoga Dance with Erica Binder - one Friday per month, 7:00 - 8:30 pm, next dances: 10/21, 11/18,
- Kids' Yoga Party with Erika Amerika Malorzo- one friday per month, 7:00-8:30 pm, next classes: 10/21, 11/18,
- Be Still and Yin with Sherra Zavitsanos - 10/30, 11/27, 12/18,
- Asana Geekout with Tina Stroh and Carolyn Harley - last Friday of month, next sessions: 9/30, 5:30-6:45 pm
the latest and greatest for september:
schedule changes and additions:
- 9/6, 9 am Yoga Basics For the Core with Keri replaces Brenda's Basic Hatha
- 9/7, 6 am Sunrise Flow with Keri resumes
- 9/7 5:30 pm Yoga for the Core with Suzi replace Kristin's Pilates Flow
- 9/12, 6:30 pm Power Vinyasa Hour with Maria LaRue replaces Vinyasa Flow with Amanda
Special Deals for September:
SPECIAL Bring a Friend to Yoga
Share your yoga with a friend and you both save. For existing students, bring a friend who has never been to Just Plain Yoga (whether they have
an existing practice or are new to yoga). Your friend enjoys a free class. Plus, if your friend purchases a class card that day, she/he will receive a $10 coupon applied to their account, and you will receive a 10% discount on your next class card. Promotion valid September 1 - 30, 2016.
30 Day Challenge Pose
Join us for the 30 day Challenge Pose during the month of September. Whether you are brand new to yoga or a long time practitioner, this event is for everyone! To participate, follow these instructions:
- Commit to your challenge pose (or daily practice) for 30 days - the month of September.
- Pick your pose. A challenge pose is something different for every individual. It does not necessarily mean twisting into a pretzel or standing on your hands. It is your challenge. Examples:
- The act of stepping on your mat every day for a practice - whether it be 10 minutes or 90 minutes
- Sitting in meditation for 10 minutes
- Practicing breathwork (pranayama)
- Arm balance
- Forward bend
- Wheel pose (back bend)
- Mountain Pose (standing)
- Triangle Pose
- A more vigorous or a more gentle practice
- Post on Facebook or Instagram a picture and/or description of your experience everyday, or at least once a week.
- Be sure to tag Just Plain Yoga, #JPYchallenge, #justplainyoga
JPY is now a Jade Affiliate:
click on the image below to order your Jade mats and support you local studio!
teacher trainings and enrichment for students:
- Pranayama Workshop- with PAUL HERZER E-RYT 500 Saturday, October 8th, 1:00 to 4:00 pm CEU's available upon request
$40 pre-registration/$45 at the door $25 for return students (if you have taken this before, you are a "return student") register by calling 717.975.YOGA or email email@example.com
please check here when the weather is questionable