Which Yoga Class Should I Take?
Yoga's often overwhelming number of styles and approaches is one of the the biggest obstacles beginners face when entering the world of yoga for the first time.
It is helpful to know that every yoga class contains the same few elements.
1. How rapidly, or slowly, are you guided to move during practice?
2. Is there an emphasis on a continuous flow of movement or are you directed to hold postures for longer periods?
2. Are you relaxing or are you building strength and stamina as you increase your flexibility?
3. Are you directed towards physical improvement or are you aimed toward a spiritual or philosophical path?
Each style and each teacher bring a unique combination of this rich mix of possibilities to every class.
Beyond the question of style are several other important things that are necessary for someone to enjoy yoga.
1. You should find a teacher who you like.
2. You should take your classes in a space that is inviting and filled with people you can relate to.
3. You must find a class that fits your schedule.
How can you find the right one? Explore. Research the classes we offer online. After your research is complete take your first class. Allow yourself to love it or not like it all. If you do not like it try a different class. Find a different teacher. If we do not have what you are looking for at just plain yoga try a different studio. Have fun.
There is a yoga style, a yoga teacher, and a place to do yoga for everyone.