|welcome to just plain yoga studio!
JPY is a multi-style yoga space with 2 full studios dedicated to bringing all things yoga to central pennsylvania since 2003.
vinyasa yoga, hatha yoga, easy hatha yoga, yoga for beginners, yin yoga, kripalu yoga, yoga for anyBody, yoga nidra, meditation, 200-RYS teacher training, workshops, special events, and more...
which yoga class should i take?
follow this link to find a simple, clear way to choose a yoga class you will enjoy.
free community yoga class
free yoga class on sundays at 11:00 am (all levels, 60 minutes) different teacher each week. donations are accepted and applied to the JPY scholarship fund.
for the beginners
the latest and greatest 5/21/16:
- INTRO TO SANSKRIT w/ Erik Marrero e-ryt 500, May 21-22, 11am-5pm each day CEU's available. REQUIRED MODULE for JPY's 200 Hour RYS. For details or to register call 717-975-9642.
- NO CLASSES Memorial Day 5/30
- Kids' Yoga Camps with Erika Amerika SIGN UP NOW! DATES: June 13-17, 1-3pm. $75 before 5/20, $85 after
July 11-15, 1-3pm. $75 before 6/20, $85 after
August 8-12, 1-3pm. $75 before 7/20, $85 after $40 for siblings. SPECIAL : All three weeks for $199.
- COCINA NOW! returns to JPY Saturday June 11th for another lovely, intimate music and poetry event. 7:30-9pm $20/$25 at the door. More info to come on our workshops page.
- new workshops, check it out!
- Sanskrit, hatha teacher training & more!
Yoga is not about the pose.
It's not the alignment of
toes or hips or shoulders.
It's not about the form.
Yoga is an invitation to
explore, not a command
performance . It speaks
the language of the soul.
In the flow of breath and
motion, yoga coaxes us
from the confines of the
known, across the silent
threshold into vastness.
Yoga is the union of prayer
and movement, guided from
inside. It is healing and the
joy of saying yes to life.
Breathe, relax and feel the
body receive its own truth.
The seed of freedom flowers
within each of us whenever
we are open to what's real.
teacher trainings and enrichment for students:
- SANSKRIT LEVEL 2 w/ Erik Marerro, July 23-24, 11am-5pm each day. CEU's available upon request. For details or to register call 717-975-9642.
monthly and weekly special classes
- YOGA NIDRA with Paul Herzer-RYT-500 2nd friday of the month, 6:30-8:00 pm, next classes: 6/10, 7/8, 8/12
- FREEDOM YOGA DANCE with ERICA BINDER - one Friday per month, 7:00 - 8:30 pm, next dances: 6/17
- KID'S YOGA PARTY with ERIKA AMERIKA - one friday per month, 7:00-8:30 pm, next classes: 6/17
- BE STILL and YIN with SHERRA ZAVITSANOS - LIVE MUSIC FOR APRIL last sunday of the month, upcoming sessions: 5/29, 4:30-6 pm
- MONTHLY MASTER CLASS: ASANA GEEKOUT with TINA STROH and CAROLYN HARLEY - last Friday of month, next sessions: 5/27, 5:30-6:45 pm